We are a group of moms in Northern California who hope to change children’s lives by building their confidence one smile at a time. As moms, the most important wish for our children is their health. What would you do if your child was in dire need of medical care and you could not afford to pay for it? How would you feel if the right skilled doctor wasn't available?
In some severe cases, doctors might not be able to help a child but in the case of cleft lip or cleft palate, that is not the reality. If we can make a child feel confident enough to be seen in public, attend school and socialize, that changes their complete outlook on life and creates limitless opportunities. That is why we feel so passionate about the work of Operation Smile and felt a strong need to start our group.
With your help so far, we have been able to help over 1,600 children. With a minimal cost of $240 per surgery, the cost of a nice dinner for two really, we can have a great impact on a child forever.
Our vision is to enable the local communities in bettering the lives of many children worldwide through awareness, education, donation and volunteerism.
Here are some of our activities:
- 2015 San Francisco Smile Gala (http://www.operationsmile.org/sfgala2015)
- 2014 San Francisco Smile Gala (http://www.operationsmile.org/sfgala2014)
- 2013 Smile Gala (http://www.operationsmile.org/sfgala2013)
- 2012 Smile Gala (http://www.operationsmile.org/smilecagala2012)
- 5K Walk / Run (http://www.operationsmile.org/smileca5k)
- Dental Scrap Recycling (http://www.operationsmile.org/DDSRefinery)
- Celebrating Birthday Gift Donations (http://support.operationsmile.org/goto/Vaughn_is_10)
For more information, please contact Shabnam Farzaneh, at ChildrenSmileCA@gmail.com or at (310) 663-0756.
Operation Smile is a non-profit organization that provides free surgeries to children around the world who suffer from cleft lip or cleft palate. Many of these children don't have access to the appropriate physician or simply can't afford the procedure. Thanks to the thousands of volunteers through Operation Smile, these children can receive the help they need with your donations.